Sunday, April 20, 2014

Chili Relleno breakfast Casserole

I like to prep my meals for the week whenever I can, and this is perfect for a quick meal on the go. This is an inspired version of my grandma's famous John Wayne casserole that i have been craving.



12 eggs- beaten
1 sweet potato- shredded
2 cans of green chili's
 (I used 1 hot, 1 mild)
3-4 de-seeded diced tomatoes
1 small onion- shredded or chopped 
 (hello food processor was already dirty)
1-2 cups shredded Coconut gouda cheese 
(optional and probably a bitch to find but my cheese place had it)
1 package of Cooked bacon crumbled (sausage or ham would work too)
Hot sauce to taste (I used about 1/4 c siracha and beat in with eggs)
1/8-1/4 tsp ground cayenne
Salt and pepper to taste
( I salt and peppered the sweet potato and tomato separately too)

Mix all ingredients. Pour in a greased casserole dish. 

Bake uncovered at 350 for 40 minutes or until center is set.

1 comment: