Sunday, April 27, 2014

Spicy sausage egg and mushroom casserole


Ok so after that last casserole that I ate all week, well I felt a tweak was in order. This casserole should be more like a lasagna or quiche. This time I layered it instead of mixing all the ingredients together. I also added some UN pasteurized cheese from the cheese store (only a small amount for flavor) I picked 2 small chunks with bold flavor a smoked cheddar and Red Witch which is like a Gruyere. Supposedly the pasteurization process is what makes it hard for the body to process so i figured I can have this unpasteurized cheese in small doses on occasion. You can skip the cheese if you are being strict.

1 shredded purple sweet potato
1/2 shredded onion
3 sliced cooked sausages
1/2 c shredded unpasteurized cheese (optional)
3/4 package sliced mushrooms
large handful chopped cilantro
1/2 chopped jalapeno
14 large eggs beaten
with Siracha, salt and pepper to taste.
(I season most layers with salt and pepper, except the sausage layer)

Grease casserole dish with bacon fat or coconut oil.
Layer shredded potatoes, season, add onion shreds, cheese, sliced mushrooms, season, cilantro, jalapeno, pour egg mixture over and bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes until set. 

De-lish! 


No comments:

Post a Comment