Thursday, March 7, 2013

Simple Cauliflower side dish




Cauliflower is one of my favorite side dishes. I love to slice a whole head into 'steaks' rub them with a flavored olive oil. Garlic or rosemary oil, salt and pepper, pan sear a few minutes on each side and VIOLA! Sometimes I use truffle salt. I have also used cumin, garlic, chipolte, and onion powders as seasonings for a Hispanic side dish. Tonight I covered it in my favorite gluten free pesto found at most San Diego Farmers Markets. I have done this and also topped it with grilled tomato wedges.



I also use cauliflower in place of rice. Pulse small chunks in a food processor into rice consistency. Put it in non stick pot with a few tablespoons of your favorite flavored or plain olive oil, and/or ghee, salt and pepper, and cover with a lid. Steam on medium for 3-5 minutes depending on quantity stirring once.

No comments:

Post a Comment