Saturday, January 5, 2013

Butternutz for squash

Christmas Eve I was fortunate enough to be invited over for dinner at my friend Malia's house. She was throwing an impromptu get together for all the holiday misfit toys aka ME and other familyless individuals. It was quite the spread lemme tell you, it was actually Paleo heaven with Turkey, Ham, Prime Rib, and a barrage of sides (including my endive cups). I thought it was really sweet she looked up a butternut squash recipe and made it especially for me. It was by far my favorite side of the night I had to get the recipe! Well tonight I made it with my own a take on it of course. I figure I can always one up a recipe and usually do. I switched it up and came up with this! SOOOOO good!! I mean it you should try it. Thanks Malia for a wonderful Christmas Eve and great new recipe!! xoxoxox



Butternut Squash with toasted nuts
1 Butternut Squash, pealed and cubed
3 tablespoons of melted ghee
3 tablespoons Organic maple syrup
1-2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
1-2 teaspoons of dried ginger
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg 
Pecans, or Pine nuts (or your favorite nut)
(or both if you can't decide like me. In the end I liked the pecans best)
Sea Salt

Melt the ghee in small saucepan throw in all the other ingredients.
line a pan with foil and add butternut squash
drizzle sauce over squash and toss to coat. 
Add sea salt to taste.

Roast at 350 for 25-30 minutes (or longer depending on cube size of squash).
sprinkle with nuts and roast 15 minutes more.

Enjoy this delish dish!




No comments:

Post a Comment